2. Best Mobile App for Retail,Commerce & Marketing
Mobile services are playing a pivotal role in driving dynamic new levels of brand interaction & appeal, as well as retail engagement and activation, bolstering physical and digital traffic for commercial outlets and merchants, as well as financial solutions and services.
Quite simply, mobile is becoming the preferred retail, brand, shopping and payment platform for people who want the convenience, choice and immediacy of browsing and purchase.
Covering a broad range of Apps from marketing & promotions, campaigns and initiatives that compel and engage, to payments, transactions and experiential, this category invites innovative submissions that could range from the use of mobile in couponing and loyalty, inventory management, distribution and operational logistics to brand campaigns, browsing, trying, buying, and all forms of online and in-store experiences.
The award aims to showcase the provision of compelling online, digital and in-store experiences that build customer trust and confidence and the success of many other facets of mobile commerce.
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 19 April 2017 (at 5pm CST). The Shortlist will be published at the beginning of June 2017. The Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress Shanghai on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
The process to enter your App for this category is very simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant. The app must be commercially available on a major app store in at least one country or market in Asia
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a short video (max 3 minutes) about the app on an open video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the App
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop Retail, Commerce & Marketing Apps etc. The app must have been live, implemented and commercially available for users to access or buy during and up to the end of March 2017, in at least one Asian Market. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Retailers and Commercial Enterprises
- Banks, Credit & Payment solution providers,
- Loyalty, Coupon, Incentives & Reward services
- Consumer brands, Content Owners & Licensees
- Digital, Creative, Advertising or Marketing agencies
- Brand experiential, Promotion & Media apps
- E-commerce providers & Integrated system suppliers
- Concierge, VIP & Personal Shopper services
- In-store promotions, experiences, transactions & activation tools
- Media planners & buyers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Application and Software Developers
- Content aggregators, and Online Media
- Consumer Data analytics, Market Research, Trends & Analysis tools
- Ticketing outlets & agencies
- Financial Application and Software Developers
Entries for the Best Mobile App for Retail, Commerce, & Marketing category will be judged on the following main criteria:
- The entry is genuinely innovative and provides a seamless, intuitive shopping, payment or brand experience
- what’s new or genuinely innovative and different from other similar services on the market today?
- It provides a simple to understand proposition and trusted experience for users
- Is reliable, consistent and provides value and genuine benefits to the user
- Entries must utilise, support, deploy or are accessible via mobile technologies
- Judges will expect to see evidence of user take up
- Demonstrates responsible approaches to protecting users from unwanted, obtrusive or offensive content
- Evidence of audience impact e.g. evidence of market success
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your for Retail, Commerce, & Marketing App? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on an open video platform (approx. 100 words) which describes the main features (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one Asian market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to end March 2017, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)