1. Best Mobile App for Media, Entertainment & Social
The unstoppable rise of Smartphones and connected devices, combined with the global roll out of 4G broadband networks, continues to drive, enhance and extend the user experience and the wealth of choice for media, social media, video, TV (live and on-demand) and games, bringing with it in an exciting new era of innovative engaging, immersive, interactive, and original content.
This award is to showcase the very best and most compelling apps in the field of new media, entertainment and social media across Asia; driving viewers, audiences and players to consume and share content in entirely different ways from the traditional linear channels of distribution.
This category is open to entry and open to all forms of media, entertainment, content, games, and social media organisations and all players in the mobile eco-system, from broadcasters, video platforms, studios, media companies, social media platforms and app developers as well as mobile operators and partnerships, that create and deliver media based apps and content. It will be judged by leading independent mobile and application experts.
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 19 April 2017 (at 5pm CST). The Shortlist will be published at the beginning of June 2017. The Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress Shanghai on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
The process to enter your App for this category is very simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant. The app must be commercially available on a major app store in at least one country or market in Asia
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a short video (max 3 minutes) about the app on an open video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the App
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop Media, Entertainment (Film, TV, Broadcast, Publishing, Social Media, Games) Apps etc. The app must have been live, implemented and commercially available for users to access or buy during and up to the end of March 2017, in at least one Asian Market. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Broadcast, TV, Movie & Video Creators Owners & Distributors
- Media, News & Publishing companies
- Social Media Platforms
- Games, VR, & AR developers
- Application Developers
- User Generated Content Developers
- Content Aggregators & Software Developers
- Device Manufacturers
- Mobile Operators in partnership with any of the above
The judges will be looking at how well the entry meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Quality & depth of engaging, entertaining content available
- Simple, Intuitive UI, good user/ viewer/player experience
- New Innovation, in terms of new technologies or unique functionality, content choice or capabilities
- Value for money (if subscription), business model & its sustainability
- Audience statistics and/or evidence of successful take up or growth (if available)
- What makes it enjoyable, compelling and useful for viewing on mobile devices
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Mobile App for Entertainment, Media & Social? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on an open video platform (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one Asian market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to end March 2017, and if so, please state which countries? (approx. 100 words)