4. Best Mobile App for Business
The Best Mobile App for Business recognises enterprise and productivity apps that introduce the most innovative mobile tools to help small, medium or large corporations and enterprise users. It recognises companies, innovators, entrepreneurs and developers that deliver best in class mobile working tools across a wide range of business, productivity and enterprise applications.
The judges will look for entries that deliver best in class products and solutions to the enterprise, be it for operations, distribution and logistics, finance, accounting, sales, HR, marketing & communications, outsourcing, field applications, project management or indeed any other aspect of business efficiencies.
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 12 April 2017 (at 5pm CST). The Shortlist will be published at the beginning of June 2017. The Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress Shanghai on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
The process to enter your App for this category is very simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant. The app must be commercially available on a major app store in at least one country or market in Asia
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a short video (max 3 minutes) about the app on an open video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the App
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop lifestyle Apps. The app must have been available for users to access or buy during and up to the end of March 2017, in at least one Asian Market. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technology based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Application & Software Developers
- Content Aggregators & Middleware Developers
- Mobile Operators & Mobile Equipment Manufacturers
- Business Intelligence, Analytics and Strategic Consultancies
- Developers of Marketing, Communications, Finance, Sales, Accounting, IT and HR apps for enterprise
- Project & Planning platforms
- Property, Security, Risk & Safety companies
- All other relevant vertical sectors
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Simplicity, reliability & ease of use
- Degree of personalisation or customisation and feedback mechanisms
- Depth of capabilities provided, inclusion of, or integration with other applications such as analytics or social media
- New Innovation, in terms of new technologies or unique functionality, content choice or capabilities
- Well-designed, intuitive interface focused on usability
- Makes good use of mobility
- Relevance, business value and richness of overall user experience
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your App for Business? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on an open video platform (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one Asian market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to end March 2017, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)