3. Best Mobile App for Connected Living
This award recognising a wide range of transformative, innovative mobile apps that enhance or bring new benefits to everyday life, including health, fitness and well-being, travelling, transport and leisure, calling for apps that enable richer experiences and smarter ways to access, plan, transact and engage. It is for a broad range of mobile applications, that enhance the daily lives of consumers, through smarter, more efficient, seamless and simpler access to everyday services.
We are looking for the game changing apps that are genuinely innovative and have the most significant potential for success and longevity.
These might include, for example mobile applications that enable people to access all aspects of healthcare or maintain healthy lifestyles, or control and make the home smarter or more efficient, apps that make travelling far more enjoyable, such as in car infotainment, public transport, parking & navigation as well as making bookings for travel, entertainment, hospitality & leisure, making daily life more seamless, stress-free and simple, among many others. Judges will be looking for entries that demonstrate genuine innovation and new thinking to meet these challenges.
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Wednesday 12 April 2017 (at 5pm CST). The Shortlist will be published at the beginning of June 2017. The Winners will be announced at the Mobile World Congress Shanghai on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
The process to enter your App for this category is very simple. All you need to do is:
- Provide a short description of the App, together with a list key features, and latest innovations and any other information you consider relevant. The app must be commercially available on a major app store in at least one country or market in Asia
- A link to where it can be downloaded from your website, or one of the major app stores (along with a free access or redemption code if the app is not free, for our judges to download it)
- A link to a short video (max 3 minutes) about the app on an open video platform
- A link to a key page on your website with more information about the App
This award category is open to all application developers and others in the mobile ecosystem that develop lifestyle Apps etc for health & wellbeing, travel, leisure, entertainment & hospitality, automotive and smart homes & utilities etc. The app must have been live, implemented and commercially available for users to access or buy during and up to the end of March 2017, in at least one Asian Market. It must also utilise, support, deploy or be accessible through mobile technologies based on open industry standards.
Below are some examples of organisations and entities that this category could be appropriate for, however, it is by no means exhaustive.
- Mobile Network operators
- Mobile equipment manufacturers and vendors
- Application or Software Developers
- Academic & Research Institutions
- Application Developers
- Environmental, Weather & Traffic Agencies
- Transport, Delivery & Logistics, Utility & Energy companies
- Leisure, Sports, Entertainment Event & Stadia Organisations
- Health institutions, equipment manufacturers, retailers, and solution providers
- Tourism Authorities & Agencies
- Automotive, Telematics, Infotainment manufacturers & solution providers
- Airlines, Rail, Marine and Transport companies
- Hotels, Travel and Tour operators and agencies
- Leisure and Entertainment Facilities and Agents
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
- Innovation: What’s new, different or innovative in terms of the technology or business model
- USPs: Key product or service capabilities and value of the use case
- Personalisation: What level of customization is offered?
- Mobility: Makes good use of mobile connectivity
- Design: Great quality design, compelling and sticky experience
- Longevity: Apps that aren’t gimmicky/ novel or short term
- Success: User adoption, and evidence of success
- Evidence: Case studies or audience statistics to reflect market success
Preview of Entry Form Questions
On the entry form, in addition to submitting contact and company information, you will be asked to answer the following questions, (Please note the maximum text length for your answers including spaces are shown in brackets below):
- What is the name of your Mobile App for Connected Living? Please note the name given here will be used in all awards publicity. (approx. 25 words)
- Is this a joint entry? If so, who are the partnering organisations? (approx. 25 words)
- Please provide a short description of the App, together with details of type of content available, with key features, latest innovations and information on where the app is available (approx. 250 words)
- Please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded from one of the major app stores (approx. 100 words)
- If the app is a paid app, please provide a free access or redemption code (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a link to a video about the app on an open video platform (approx. 100 words)
- Please provide a website link for the app (approx. 100 words)
- Please confirm that the app was, or will be live, implemented and available in at least one Asian market for clients, customers, organisations or end users to buy or access during and up to end March 2017, and in which markets or countries? (approx. 100 words)